Thanks to the generous efforts of non-profit investigative media organization Pro Publica, data on more that 6,000 Catholic priests has now been added to our online database. A few reflections:
- A data import of this sort is, especially now in the early phases, of necessity clunky. The category field of the existing database therefore has been used to provide status information.
- We will work over the coming weeks to tidy up the data, but please be patient.
- Our hope is that the volume of information on Roman Catholic priests will not stop current and former members of other faith traditions from compiling information and sending it in.
- We’re in dire need of photos and other data that may protect others, If you see a name listed, please don’t hesitate to send it in.
- Use the navigation bar above to visit our database.